No one could argue that Lasagna, this wonder of the culinary world, can have enough cheese. And i mean no one. Three Cheeses Lasagna is probably my next culinary experience, and no i’m not exaggerating.
Cheddar, Mozzarella, Halloumi
Salty, Tangy, Rich and lactic. All those flavors will combine drastically with all the other flavors and layers of lasagna goodness, and create a staggering meal to die for.
- 1KG Pork mince
- 1 pack of dried Lasagna sheets
- 1 Jar of FRESHONA Strained Tomatoes
- 500ml water
- 2 red onions (finely chopped)
- 200g mushrooms (chopped)
- 500g carrots (grated)
- 2 springs of thyme
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 liter bechamel (white sauce)
- 4 mozzarella balls
- 500g halloumi (grated)
- 200g cheddar (grated)
- 200g finely chopped coriander, parsley, mint, dill
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Lemon (juiced and zested)
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190C gas.
- In a large non-stick pan, fry the pork mince with 3 tablespoons of olive oil, until the meat is cooked (approx. 7-8 minutes medium-high heat.)
- Remove the meat on a plate, and add the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and fry off the onions and carrots and mushrooms. Add thyme and season to taste.
- After 5-6 minutes, add back the meat, with the strained Freshona tomatoes and 500liter of water. Simmer for 15-20 minutes or until a reduced sauce is achieved.
- In a small bowl, add the finely chopped coriander, parsley, mint and dill with the olive oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- In a rectangular pyrex tray, layer the lasagna as follows:
- Meat sauce at the bottom
- Cheese spread
- Repeat from stage 1.
- Make sure you create three of those layers and make sure to finish with CHEESE ON TOP.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the cheeses have melted to a golden color and crispy, gooey taste.
- Let stand alone for at least half an hour before serving.
- Serve with the salsa verde you’ve made earlier.