Probably the second most famous salad in Greece, after village salad, but for no reason if you ask me. Cretan salad has everything, from fresh ingredients like tomatoes, olives, feta, olive oil, dakos and if you fancy my version of it, you can add some more ingredients to make it even more delicious.
The key ingredient of this recipe is probably Barley Rusk. Soak them into the juices of tomato and olive oil, and then top them with the ingredients to create this amazing healthy and nutritious meal.
- 2 packs of Παξιμάδι “Χρυσός Μύλος” from LIDL
- 100g of pickled capers
- 6 tomatoes (chopped into small cubes)
- 200g feta cheese ΓΑΛΠΟ
- 80g black olives
- Handful of coriander and parsley (chopped)
- Handful of fresh mint
- 80ml olive oil
- 1 lemon (juiced and zested)
- Fresh or dried oregano
- Salt and Pepper
- In a large bowl, place the barley rusk and drizzle with the juice of tomatoes (after chopping them) and olive oil for 5-10 minutes.
- In a large serving oval plate, place the barley rusk on the bottom and then assemble with the rest of the ingredients, the chopped tomatoes, capers, black olives, chopped coriander and parsley and finally add the crumbled feta. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle on top the fresh mint leaves.