Its Sunday. Its cold and you have NO intention of leaving the house. Not a problem. Eggs, halloumi and some herbs is all you need to create an astonishing breakfast/brunch for you and your family. Keep reading…
Get your hands on to some fresh, vibrant green herbs that will change altogether your dish. From mint, parsley, coriander, dill, tarragon, basil you name it. Adjust yo your preference and create an amazing souffle.
- 12 fresh eggs (beaten well)
- 1 glass of milk (incorporated in the eggs)
- Handful of mint, parsley and chives (finely chopped)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 halloumi (cut into cubes)
- 1 red onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tomatoes (roughly chopped)
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of mild curry
- 1 tsp of sugar
- salt and pepper
- Set the oven to 190C gas and preheat while preparing the souffle.
- Fry in couple of tablespoons of olive oil and the teaspoon of sugar, the onions with the tomatoes until soften (about 4-5 minutes).
- Add salt, pepper and curry and stir well. Remove from the pan into a bowl.
- Add in the bowl with the onions, the beater eggs and milk, the chopped herbs, halloumi and zest of lemon. Stir well.
- Add some more salt and pepper to the mixture.
- Add the baking powder and stir well.
- Butter the inside of a circle baking tray or oven-proof pan and add the mixture.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at 180C or until the souffle has risen a bit and firmed to the touch.
- Serve with some lemon wedges, and olives.