I know i might sound a bit absurd, but…trust me on this, cauliflower steak is a thing, it exists and you can well fell in love with it. Just give it a try and let me know what you think of it.
High in fiber and Vitamin C this little vegetable must never be absent from your grocery list. This recipe is simple, mouthwatering and can serve as a side dish but as a meal on its own.
- 2 fresh cauliflowers cut into thick pieces
- 1 bunch of cilantro (finely chopped)
- 1 pack Acentino Balsamic cream from LIDL
- 1 pack Alesto walnuts from LIDL
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons canned corn
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 80g tahini
- 60g olive oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- salt and pepper
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place the cauliflower steaks on the parchment paper and rub with turmeric, paprika, salt, pepper and couple of tablespoons of olive oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes 180C Gas, flipping halfway through. Then bake for another 4-5 minutes on grill at 190C and keep an eye on them.
- For the tahini dressing, in a small bowl mix together the tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, cold water, honey, mustard and salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly until incorporated.
- For the cilantro salsa, place the finely chopped cilantro into a medium bowl, with the capers, corn, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- When the steaks are done, serve with the dressing, salsa and a final touch with the balsamic cream on top. Finally, crush some walnuts on top.