Gnocchi! Oh lord, those little gems of pasta made from potato that suck up all that flavor from the sauce. No pasta can beat that small, sexy, little bomb of flavor. This recipe is dedicated to gnocchi, and is the ultimate winter warm dinner for your family and friends. Scroll down…
Packed gnocchi, have nothing to be jealous of, from freshly made. LIDL’s choice of gnocchi, gives you the opportunity to start and finish you dinner in no more than 15 minutes. Yeap, and this includes the sauce.
- 2 packages of Gnocchi
- 1 jar of LIDL’s Deluxe sun-dried tomatoes pesto (3 tbsp)
- 1 pack of ALESTO cashew nuts (handful crushed)
- 1 jar of LIDL’s Deluxe Mushroom mix (roughly chopped)
- 2 bunches of fresh spinach (washed and roughly chopped)
- 1 lemon (juiced and zested)
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 stock vegetable stock cube
- Place a non-stick pan over medium-high heat.
- Add butter and olive oil and fry the onions until translucent (3-4 minutes).
- Add spinach and mushrooms. Cook 3-4 minutes or until spinach is cooked.
- Bring a medium pot of water to the boil. Add a handful of salt and add the gnocchi. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until they float.
- Meanwhile, add the sun-dried tomato pesto into the spinach and add couple of tablespoons of the boiling water cooking the gnocchi.
- Let sauce cook for couple of minutes before adding the cooked gnocchi into the saucepan.
- Stir well and add some more water if needed or more of the sauce if needed.
- Finish with some mint and butter.
- Serve with the crushed cashew nuts and a squeeze of lemon.