Winter is the season of soups! Lot’s of them! This fish soup, will accompany you during the cold days of winter and it’s surely a no-brainer to make!
Fresh or frozen, it doesn’t matter, as soon as you purchase couple of fresh raw heads and tails so you can make the most delicious broth! I used for this recipe the tails of 2 salmons and frozen cod and shrimps!
- 2 fresh raw salmon tails
- 300g frozen cod (defrosted and cubed)
- 150g frozen shrimp (defrosted)
- 1 fish stock cube
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 500ml water
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 celery (finely chopped)
- 1 carrot (finely chopped)
- 200g baby potatoes (washed and quartered)
- Fresh coriander
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Salt and Pepper
- In large pot, add couple of tablespoons of olive oil and fry the tails for couple of minutes.
- Remove tails and add celery, onion, carrot and the stock cubes, turmeric, cinnamon and paprika.
- Fry the ingredients for 2-3 minutes before adding the tomato paste.
- Cook the paste for 5 minutes and lower the heat to low adding the water.
- Add the baby potatoes and cook low for 8 minutes.
- Add cod and shrimps and cook for 10 minutes more.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with toasted and buttered bread and a wedge of lemon.