Super sexy, delicious, nutritious, full of flavour, gorgeous Lentil Salad with feta, spicy olives and an orange-tahini sauce. Blown away? Scroll down for the recipe.
The legume that has secret powers! No, i’m not mad, the perfect legume to get lots of Iron, Magnesium, Vitamin B-6 and a huge amount of dietary fiber.
Tahini is a condiment, made from toasted ground hulled sesame seeds, which is perfect for dressings.
- 1 Package 1KG of Large Lentils
- 2-3 Carrots (Diced)
- 1 can of sweetcorn
- 5-6 large pickled cucumbers (Thinly Sliced)
- 20 Cherry Tomatoes (Sliced in half)
- 10 Cucumbers (Cubed)
- 1 vacuum pack of Spicy green olives (from King of Olives)
- 200g Feta
- 1 Bunch of Mint
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of Tahini
- 1 orange (squeezed)
- 2 Lemons (Squeezed and Zested)
- Salt & Pepper
- In a medium pan, bring 2 cups of lentils with 3 cups of water to the boil. Drain and add fresh water and let it come to a boil again. As soon as it comes to the boil again, your lentils will be ready (Check them to see if they need more time).
- In a small bowl, stir thoroughly together the olive oil, tahini, orange juice, lemon juice, zest, salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large bowl, combine the lentils, carrots, sweetcorn, pickled cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers and olives. Mix well and add the dressing.
- Serve in a large plate and sprinkle on top the feta and mint.