There are two kinds of people in this world. People who will take a sweet pancake anytime, anywhere, and people who actually prefer a savory taste of these gorgeous fluffy pancakes! Guess what? I’m on the savory part; without being oppressive to the sweet (mostly nutella) pancake!
Fresh Corn on the Cob
Go get these fresh corns on the cobs. It is really worth it and you can taste the actually sweet flavor of the kernels. Just remember to pick good quality corn.
Don’t you go yuck! I promise you and i guarantee you, a good glug of this fermented milk drink, together with some yogurt will make all the difference in this recipe.
- 3 corn on the cob (sliced diagonally with a sharp knife, removing the kernels)
- 150ml kefir
- 150g yogurt
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander
- 2 limes
- 250g all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 50g cherry tomatoes
- 4 eggs
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with kefir and yogurt until incorporated. Add salt, honey, olive oil, thyme, coriander, corn and mix all together. Add the flour and baking powder and stir until well incorporated and the mix resembles a pancake batter. Adjust with wet or dry ingredients if the mixture is too wet or too dry.
- Place a large non-stick pan over a medium-high heat until the pan is hot and then reduce to medium. Rub the pan with a tablespoon of butter and a teaspoon of vegetable oil.
- Spoon two or three tablespoons of batter and cook 2-3 minutes each side. This will make 1 pancake. Continue until you make 8 portions or until the batter is finished.
- In a smaller pan, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and fry 4 eggs. As soon the eggs are done, remove them and place them on a kitchen roll to remove any excess fat.
- In the same pan, place the tomatoes and saute them for 2-3 minutes, seasoning them half way through with salt, pepper and some thyme.
- Stack the pancakes, add the egg on top and the tomatoes, scatter around some coriander and squeeze the lime all over.
- Enjoy with family or friends.