Comfort Food provides this nostalgic memory, that is linked with taste and flavour. And you can confirm this by getting yourself thinking of childhood food that was hearty, delicious and full of family members sitting around a table having fun and drinking lots of good wine.
It is probably one of the products that shouts ‘Comfort’. And which country makes probably the best sausages in the world? You guessed it right! Germany. Alpen Fest smoked sausages, retailed at LIDL, gives you this unique flavour that really underpins that nostalgic flair of comfort food.
Another product, probably Britain’s number 1 comfort food product, are baked beans. Rich in flavour, tomato dressed, and packed with nutrients and taste, provides this unique depth and richness, that combines really well with sausages. Heinz, is probably the best brand to look for out there.
- 1 package (1KG) Alpen Fest Smoked Sausages
- 2 cans Heinz baked beans in tomato sauce
- 1 can plum tomatoes
- 1 loaf of bread (teared with hands) – I use ciabatta from LIDL
- 1/2 grated Halloumi cheese
- 1 glass of water
- Salt & Pepper
- Coriander to top at the end
- Preheat the oven to 200C Grill and Air
- In a deep tray, lay underneath the teared loaf of bread
- Lay on top the baked beans, tomato sauce, water and salt and pepper to your liking
- Mix to combine
- Top with the sausages
- Sprikle with halloumi
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove and let cool for 5 minutes
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinle the coriander and a squeeze of lemon