Got a dinner brain teaser? I’ve got you a simple, 20 minute solution that will make your stomach full of tasty and nutritious food. The secret however to this Salmon fishcakes, are the sun-dried tomatoes from MILANIFOODS at LIDL. I guarantee you, you will taste the most delicious fishcakes.
MILANIFOODS’s sun-dried tomatoes, are a snack on it’s own. With deep flavour, many antioxidants and packed with nutrients, a handful of this amazing product will make all the difference in this recipe.
Good quality salmon, poached and then flaked to make patties to die for.
Many will skip the use of breadcrumbs. Many will use bread instead. Belbake’s breadcrumbs are essential part of the recipe, since they will soak up all the excess liquid and crispen up these fishcakes in the oven.
- 500g good quality salmon (Poached for 6-7 minutes and then cooled for 20 minutes)
- 3-4 MILANIFOODS sun-dried tomatoes (soaked in water for 10 minutes)
- Handful of coriander
- Handful of mint
- Handful of parsley
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 4 tbsp Belbake breadcrumbs
- 1 avocado (mashed)
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 clove of garlic (grated)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Pepper
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 1 tbsp Ginger
- Preheat the oven to 190C.
- Chop the mint, coriander, parsley very fine. Mix together in a bowl with salt, pepper, paprika, ginger, garlic, olive oil, and lemon zest.
- Flake the poached salmon with your hands in the herb mixture.
- Add the eggs and mix.
- Add the breadcrumbs and mix well until you can form patties with your hands.
- Form the patties and ley them on a baking tray, lined with parchment paper.
- Bake them for 12-15 minutes, flipping them half way through.
- Put them under the grill for another 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve them with the mashed avocado.