Sometimes you don’t need fancy plates and gourmet decorations to serve a delicious dinner. Neither a fancy name to call over your dish. Spicy king prawns with basil and chilies to kick your taste buds and make you drool all over. Served with a simple steamed rice, spiced with a touch of saffron.
Obviously the star of this dish are the prawns. LIDL makes it easier for you to have your king prawns peeled and ready to cook them to your liking. This dish transforms those prawns into the most delicious, buttery, spicy, lemon-basil prawns you could possibly imagine.
A touch of saffron into the steaming rice will make an enormous change of smell, flavour and taste. Remember, less is more. Just a pinch of those little threads will make the difference.
- 2 Packages Frozen Ocean Sea king prawns
- 500g basmati rice (steamed)
- Handful of basil leaves
- 2 fresh red or green chilies
- 1 tbsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 2 cloves garlic (grated)
- 100g butter
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 lime (Juice and Zest)
- Let king prawns come to room temperature. Pat them dry.
- Heat a large non-stick pan to medium heat.
- Add butter and a touch of olive oil.
- Add garlic and chili flakes and cook for couple of minutes.
- Add prawns, salt, pepper, sugar, turmeric and ginger.
- Stir and cook the prawns for 3 minutes each side.
- Add tomato paste and stir. Add a splash of water and let cook for another 2 minutes.
- When it’s ready, add basil leaves, lime zest and juice and toss all together.
- Serve with rice and sprinkle the fresh chilies on top.