I’ve got a recipe for you that will make you instantly lift your sleeves up, put your apron on, and get in the kitchen to make this easy-peasy recipe.
Alesto Pecan Nuts from LIDL can be a great snack as well as a great add on to your baking pastries! This recipe calls for roasted pecans that are crushed and added to your mix before baking, and gives that extra nutty flavour.
Obviously every banana bread/cake needs bananas! I like to get my bananas riped before i mash them and add them to my mixture. Ripen bananas will give me that extra sweet flavour and a more mashy texture that is crucial for my wet ingredients.
- 2 riped bananas (mashed)
- 240ml milk
- 1 free-range large egg
- 75g brown sugar
- 90g white oats
- 240g self-raising flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp honey
- 100g crushed pecans
- 1 halved banana to add on top (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180C fan.
- Lightly grease a loaf tin with melted butter.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs and sugar until frothy.
- Add honey, milk, and bananas. Mix well until incorporated.
- Slowly add flour and baking powder. Mix with a spatula but DO NOT overmix.
- Finally add the oats and pecans and stir in carefully with the spatula. The mixture must resemble a rather thick batter.
- Fill in the tin loaf with the mixture making sure the 3/4 of the tin are covered.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Optional: If you want, add the halved banana before baking on top of the batter.