We live in a world that salads are not boring anymore, with versatile ways of implementing ingredients and having the ability to create a healthy, nutritious meal. Quinoa & Bulgur are two individual grains that combined together can provide a solid base for your grain salad; and surely LIDL’s new Quinoa & Bulgur, must never ever again be missed from the week’s shopping list!
Grains are not only perfect for your salad, but are packed with plenty of good nutrients, lots of fiber and minerals. Both Quinoa and Bulgur, can provide texture as well as taste to your salad and certainly it can give you that feeling of wholesomeness.
Lidl’s Quinoa & Bulgur
This new package of Quinoa & Bulgur, MUST be included in your weekly shopping list. You can include them in your salad, as shown below, you can use them as a side dish or even make vegetarian burgers with it. Make ahead, keep refrigerated and use whenever you want. Simple, delicious and nutritious.
Cut into thick slices. Grill or fry the slices. Add to the salad. Your salad is complete.
- 200g LIDL’s Quinoa & Bulgur
- 200g Halloumi (cut into thick slices)
- 250g spinach leaves
- 150g canned chickpeas (drained from water)
- 100g cooked beetroot (cut into slices)
- 100g sweetcorn
- 20 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 50g herb croutons
- 3 tbsp capers
- 70ml olive oil
- 1 lemon (juice)
- Salt & Pepper
- Bring 400ml of water to the boil and add Quinoa & Bulgur. Let cook for about 10-12 minutes at low heat or until water is completely absorbed. Remember to stir occasionally.
- On a non-stick frying pan, grill or fry the halloumi slices without adding any oil, on a high heat.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper and whisk vigorously until a pale mixture is resembled. Your vinaigrette is ready and its time to assemble.
- Lay your spinach leaves on the bottom of your serving bowl, lightly dressing the leaves with some of the vinaigrette. Add your Quinoa & Bulgur and top with the rest of your ingredients. Add your halloumi slices on top and drizzle with the remaining vinaigrette.