All ingredients were purchased from Lidl supermarkets
There is a way to everything; and i mean everything in cooking. You can become so versatile with every recipe, and eventually end up with the most gorgeous result. Likewise, this Apple Crumble recipe with a twist, will give you the most crumbly, tasty, gorgeous Crumble for your glazed Apples. Together assembled and baked, will become your weekly habit, when it comes to a simple, easy and elegant sweet treat.
For the best caramel glazed apples, i personally use red ones. They come in a pack of six and you can find them from your nearest LIDL. Also, near the red apples you can find green ones. Grab couple of them, since we will mix them with the red ones to make the ultimate filling for our Apple Crumble.
Raisin & Nuts Wholegrain Muesli
This is the most important ingredient of all. Go grab a bag of those little gorgeous muesli from LIDL. Together with the butter and flour, they will lift the dish up and result in the most crunchy, crispy, crumbly topping. Since they contain lots of oats, nuts and raisins, you will save yourself from buying that extra items and give you the ease and confidence to produce an extraordinary treat.
- 4 red apples
- 2 green apples
- 1 package (1kg) of Raisin & Nuts wholegrain muesli (Crownfield) – You will use ONLY 200g; the rest you save for a morning breakfast meal with milk!
- 150g brown sugar (NOT SOFT)
- 250g unsalted butter
- 150g flour
- 1 lemon (juice)
- Preheat the oven to 190C.
- Peel the apples and cut into quarters.
- In a large saucepan, add 50g of the unsalted butter and set over medium heat. Add the apples and stir. Add 30g of sugar and the lemon juice, and let caramelize but not burn (approx 7-10 minutes).
- Get x2, 7inch (18cm) tart pans or pyrex pie plates, and assemble the apples on the bottom.
- In a large bowl, add a pinch of salt, the flour, sugar and butter; your butter MUST be COLD when you add it to the flour.
- With your hands coat the butter with flour and sugar and start pinching the butter to resemble crumbles. Don’t overwork the butter because it will melt.
- Add the 200g of Raisin & Nuts wholegrain muesli and mix together with the crumbly mixture until it is incorporated and sticks when you squeeze it together.
- Evenly spread the mixture on top of the apples. Press gently down to spread evenly, making sure there are no spaces.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes in the middle shelf of the oven. Raise the oven to 220C and bake for another 5 minutes or until is golden brown.
- Let cool for at least 45 minutes before slicing a piece.
- Enjoy with a scoop of ice cream.