Motto: Get that GOOD quality peanutbutter. No compromise for cheap stuff.
Its sweet, its savoury, its vibrant, it feels naughty with glimpses of healthiness; its simply peanutbutter. That creamy, smooth or crunchy spread made of peanuts, obviously, to extract a heavenly, fully appetizing produce. Just dare, as i did, to mix it in a morning oatmeal porridge with a good amount of cinnamon. Extraordinary. Just that. Scroll down for recipe.
We all had had at somepoint, good and bad quality peanutbutter. I will not spare my time discussing which one is better. Of course a good quality peanutbutter will give you extra flavour, extra texture and more taste; yet it will cost you a few more pennies. Just buy it. No second thoughts, no ‘worth it questions’. Just grab the best quality peanutbutter vessel off the supermarket shelf and head home. Actually head to the till first, pay and then get home. And be in an advantageous position from all your friends and family, in the next morning to make something that your taste buds will get over hyped.
Probably the King of all spices. Cinnamon is used as an aromatic condiment, adding flavourt to a every single dish you might think of including it. Aromatic, flavourful and hugely beneficial for your health. This recipe is well structured on cinnamon, the second main player (ingredient). Just remember; too much may cause to a catastrophic result. Meaning, a bitter taste instead of that sweet, nutty flavour.
- 100g Quaker white oats
- 150ml milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 1 1/2 tbsp good quality crunchy or smooth peanutbutter
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- Dark chocolate shavings (optional)
- In a medium, microwave safe, bowl, mix together the white oats and milk.
- Microwave for approximately 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
- While it is still hot, mix the peanutbutter and honey well until its incorporated and a creamy, smooth texture is achieved.
- Slice the banana in half, lengthwise, and sear it in a hot non-stick pan for couple of minutes, until it forms a slight caramelised exterior.
- Carefully add it to your oatmeal and sprinkled the cinnamon and dark chocolate shavings on top.