Makes 30x10cm loaf
You probably got stuck with ripe bananas that are hard to through since you just don’t want to waste them. Well, next time you get stuck in such an unease situation, follow this flour-less Oat-Banana bread recipe and never ever feel the guilt of wasting bananas again.
The more ripe the bananas are the sweeter are gonna be. Therefore you can save some of that extra sugar and get it from the bananas. However, if there are black bits, this indicates an overripe banana that must be included inside the mixture. Don’t be afraid of them since they are actually really healthy for you.
Best oats for this recipe, are Quaker. However, do aim for the ones that are white and feel more like flour, rather than the rolled ones.
The “big” secret to this recipe, calls for a green apple. Packed with a sour and sweet flavour, when grated and added to this mixture, it will elevate the whole cake and combine perfectly its taste with all other flavours.
- 500g Quaker white oats
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 100g cornstarch
- 80g soft brown sugar
- 1tbsp cinammon
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 green apple (grated)
- 3-4 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 30ml rapeseed oil (otherwise use sunflower)
- 4 whole eggs
- 100g dark cholate chips
- Preheat the over to 200C.
- Lightly oil a spring form loaf (30cmx10cm)
- In a big bowl, beat together the eggs and sugar untile frothy.
- Add the rapeseed oil and incorporate well.
- Add the pinch of salt and cinammon and stirr well to incorporate.
- Add the mashed bananas, the grated green apple and mix.
- Add cornstarch, baking powder and oats. Stirr slowly and then mix well until you get a nice ‘porridge style’ mixture. Add the chocolate chips and stirr.
- Pour the mixture in the springform, and add banana slices on top.
- Lighlty dust the top with some white sugar.
- Bake for 15 minutes and then increase the temperature to 220C and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Once finished, let it cool for at least 1 hour.
- With the back of a knife, cut through the edges and carefully turn the springform upside down on a large plate.
- Cut through some thick slices and enjoy.